wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I’m having some healthy issues, I got a chronic tonsillitis

Customer Question

Hello I’m having some healthy issues , I got a chronic tonsillitis and it has been infected for two weeks causing shortness of breath , pain in my hear , dry cough and stiffness in my neck , I’m at the moment in my country( Brazil) where I live in a farm far from big cities but I should return to the Uk for work as I work to DHL as a courier .
JA: How long have you been dealing with the neck pain? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?
Customer: Yes I always do As I have 2 herniated discs on my cervical spine
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: yes I got also duodenal ulcer and gastrite ematosa
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
As my job will continue in the middle of this pandemic time I want ask you if I’m on risk of a severe Symptoms of the Covid 19
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
should I go back work or should I continue on my birth country?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 5 days ago.

Hi. My name is Dr Rick, I have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 5 days ago.

It is up to you if you want to go back to work. You could also ask your boss at DHL for advice.

From what you have posted I believe you could return to work if you wanted.

Just for your information:

The classic features for COVID-19 (coronavirus):

88-99% fever

38-70% fatigue

59-67% dry cough

40% loss of appetite

14-35% muscle aches

18-31% trouble breathing

27-33% increased phlegm/sputum

14% sore throat

5% vomiting

4% diarrhea

HOWEVER -- some patients have minimal symptoms which can mimic the regular cold or flu (sore throat, diarrhea, runny nose, a low grade fever only)

Please read the USA CDC website for the latest clinical information:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html

The NHS guidelines ask that you self-isolate for 7 days if you have 1) a fever or 2) a new continuous cough. DO NOT go to your doctor or hospital to get this evaluated UNLESS you have significant difficulty breathing.

If you are over 70 -- staying at home (self isolation) is the best option for now to reduce your potential exposure to the coronavirus.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS