neurosurg
neurosurg,
206912

I have coped and athsma. I developed sickness and diorrea

Customer Question

I have coped and athsma. I developed sickness and diorrea and headaches. Could I coved 19.
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: Headache daily have not sick but feel very nausea.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Expert:  neurosurg replied 18 days ago.

Hello -

If you have a fever with those symptoms, then that could be a concern.

The symptoms of the COVID-19:

The classic features for COVID-19 (coronavirus):

88-99% fever

38-70% fatigue

59-67% dry cough

40% loss of appetite

14-35% muscle aches

18-31% trouble breathing

27-33% increased phlegm/sputum

14% sore throat

5% vomiting

4% diarrhea

HOWEVER -- some patients have minimal symptoms which can mimic the regular cold or flu (sore throat, diarrhea, runny nose, a low grade fever only)

Please read the USA CDC website for the latest clinical information:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html

The NHS guidelines ask that you self-isolate for 7 days if you have 1) a fever or 2) a new continuous cough. DO NOT go to your doctor or hospital to get this evaluated UNLESS you have significant difficulty breathing.

If you are over 70 -- staying at home (self isolation) is the best option for now to reduce your potential exposure to the coronavirus.

Self isolation:

• Try and keep two metres / six feet (three steps) away from other people in your home - especially older people or those with long-term health conditions
  • Ask friends and family and delivery services to deliver food and medicine - but avoid contact with them
  • Sleep alone if possible
  • Wash your hands with soap and warm water for 20 seconds on a regular basis
  • Try to stay away from older people and those with long term health conditions
  • Drink lots of water and take everyday painkillers - like paracetamol/acetaminophen- to deal with your symptoms
  • Not have visitors and ask people to leave deliveries outside
  • Not leave the house - including going for a walk or to schools or any public places
Expert:  neurosurg replied 18 days ago.

Basically -- if you feel sick -- you should try and self-isolate and monitor your symptoms here.