Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Ive had a sore throat for about 2 weeks now and over the

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: ive had a sore throat for about 2 weeks now and over the last few days I’ve also developed a pain in the top of my back near my right shoulder blade. It gets worse with movement and hurts when taking a deep breath. I also have ulcers on my tongue which seem to be affecting my right ear. Can you suggest anything that can help?
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?
Customer: It started little over 2 weeks ago and I sometimes have a temperature but paracetamol seem to help it. I’m taking paracetamol every 4 hours during the day
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I do have gastroparesis and also asthma which are well controlled
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 12 days ago.

Hello, my name is Dr Uzair and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 12 days ago.

It sounds like a muscle, joint or nerve pain and I would suggest applying capsaicin cream over it, massage the area with warm olive oil and apply warm compresses, continue taking paracetamol. You can take nystatin oral drops and salt water mouth rinses for oral ulcers.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!