Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

My throat has improved now I'm being sick

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hello is anyone there
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.
If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.
Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani
Please elaborate your symptoms and provide chronological events please.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I had an achy throat for a few days and sores in my mouth, these are improving. Last night I vomited and first thing in the morning and again late morning. I'm not eating and only had soup yesterday so only vomited liquid
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Bit too expensive
I have already requested you to ignore the system generated phone call request in my introductory statement itself please!
1. May I know your age and gender please?
2. Since how long have you had this?
3. Are you having any sore throat or fever?
4. Is there any contact with anybody with streptococcal pharyngitis?
5. Is the pain in the throat predominant symptom or cough?
6. Are you having any lymph node swelling sin the neck region?
7.Is there any swallowing difficulty?
8.Did any of your contacts got diagnosed recently with streptococcal pharyngitis?
9. Can you upload an image of the throat?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Throat is improved have vomited 3 times but now have a headache
1. May I know your age please?
2. How long have you had this symptom?
3. Is it associated with high grade fever or body pains or severe cough?
4. Has you been exposed to any suspected case of COVID-19?
5. Was there any history of international travel in the past 3 weeks?
6. Are you an asthmatic?
7. Do you have any chronic disease which warrants immunosuppressive medications?
8. Are you a health care professional?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
None of the above
I apologize for the late reply as I was stuck with an emergency case.

By what you say I feel that you are going through a viral illness. This might be a common flu.
There can be many nonspecific symptoms like - headache, tummy pain, vomiting, diarrhea, body pains, cough (occasionally disturbing).
Unless you are having decreased urine output/ rash over the body / altered sensorium or respiratory distress you need not worry about it.
I will explain you how a viral illness behaves so that you can be more confident.
Fever of few days without any localizing signs could as well a viral illness. Usually rather than fever, what is more important is the activity of the person, in between 2 fever episodes on the same day. If you are active and moving around when there is no fever, it is probably viral illness and it doesn't require antibiotics at all. Once viral fever comes it will there for 4-7 days. So do not worry about duration if you are active.

If you have ondansetron at hand take 4mg tablet thrice a day before food if you are nauseous.

Otherwise for body pains and malaise take Tylenol please.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.
A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".
If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -
https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800
Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Trying to take paracetamol for headache which is continuous but I vomit straight away the thought and sight of food makes me nauseous. I don't want to get dehydrated because I'm susceptible to utis
Take ondansetron (non OTC) 8 hourly once, 15 minutes before food.
That will reduce the nausea and vomiting.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Where am I going to find that and can ii take it with my other meds
Thyroxine. Atorvastatin sertaline amlodipin. Symbucort aquarius and lanzaoorasole?
You can take it with them.
But it's a prescription medication please.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you for checking in. I've had a variety of symptoms, including the vomiting, headache which didn't respond to paracetamol. I do suffer from diverticulitis occasionally and have had a little diarrhoea. My throat problem is back especially during the night
really painful swallowing. No temperature or fever. Just concerned as this all started the middle of last week beginning with Conjunctivitis. I hate complaining as there are so many so much worse off.
As now your predominant symptom is painful swallowing, along with severe pain in the throat while swallowing you will require evaluation for streptococcal sore throat and rapid streptococcal antigen detection test is advisable. If it is negative we can wait without antibiotics - if positive you might require antibiotics please.

May I request for a 5 - star positive rating so that I can get my professional credit please.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
How do I go about getting this?
You need to approach your primary care physician regarding this please.

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.

Kind regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you. I have something new today my right eye has conjunctivitis and was stuck together when I woke up, have bathed and am using the brolene eye drops that I had from last week. I've never had this before.
This seems to be a different health query as compared to original one.
As per site regulations you need to start a new thread please!
I am also site user like you, only that I am a health care professional.

Thank you for understanding please.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No problem

Thank you for understanding.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I've been charged £35 when I didn't authorise this please refund ASAP

Hello...If you are having trouble, kindly approach our Customer Service assistance.

You can approach them at the following link:

https://www.justanswer.com/help/

Where you can chat, call, or send a support request. Or you can email directly to [email protected]

Phone number 1-800-509-5721

I am also a site user like you, only thing is I am an expert, and I can't see any account or payment issues, but that Customer Service will be happy to assist you.

Best regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani