Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I Have an unconfortable foreskin, I spoke to a doctor online

Hi I Have an unconfortable foreskin
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I spoke to a doctor online but no consultation - I was Perscribed Daktacort
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I was diagnosed with Chlamydia in January, and took treatment. I had another test 3 weeks ago and that was Negative.

Do you have itching, redness or pain on the foreskin?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Its stinging somewhat, and can sting after urination but not sure if thats because urine gets on the foreskin. The foreskin when pulled back seems drier than it used to be, as does the Glans (helmet). Its uncomfortable during sex, more so after, and masturbation, and its affecting my libido i think as its worrying me and feeling uncomfortable I guess?

Thanks for the additional information.

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

This seems to be Balanoposthitis (balanitis is inflammation of the glans and posthitis is inflammation of the foreskin). The treatment entails;

1) careful cleansing of the foreskin and glans by warm sterile saline water or with the betadine (available without a prescription)

2) warm sitz baths,

3) application of low-dose topical corticosteroids like 0.5% hydrocortisone skin ointment (over the counter product)

4) topical antifungals (OTC) application

5) oral antibiotics may be needed if the infection is severe.

Was this information helpful to you?

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
So I've been prescribed Daktacort - and applying that to the foreskin and glans twice a day for 3 days now but doesn't seem to be helping yet. Will it eventually help?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Where can I get the Antibiotics and should I get some and take them?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
is betadine a cream or a liquid?

Betadine comes in both (liquid and cream). You may use Betadine liquid.

An antibiotic cream will have to be prescribed by your doctor.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Do you think the Chlamydia that I had has anything to do with it?

Chlamydia is not likely to be related as it was treated and then you tested negative.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok brilliant. Thankyou
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Is there anything to worry about with this condition
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
?

You are very welcome.

The measures we had discussed in all likely will resolve it. There is nothing worrisome.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Stay blessed.

A positive rating would be highly appreciated for my time.

You are not charged extra for providing a positive rating.

Just Answer is based on the honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Sending good, healthy vibes your way.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.