neurosurg
neurosurg,
206912

I'm 66 year old male I had to contact 111 NHS and I gave

Customer Question

Hi I'm 66 year old male I had to contact 111 NHS and I gave out
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, what are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: Hi I'm a 66 year old male I had to cancel
JA: Thanks for that. Have you seen a doctor about this?
Customer: Hi I am a 66 year old male I had to contact 111 NHS on Friday and I went through my symptoms and I was informed I have the coron a virus and told to self isolated do I have to get in contact with my doctor.
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have heart condition and COPD
Expert:  neurosurg replied 5 days ago.

Hello -

Yes, you would want to contact your GP.

You want to monitor yourself for symptoms and make sure they aren't worsening:

The classic features for COVID-19 (coronavirus):

88-99% fever

38-70% fatigue

59-67% dry cough

40% loss of appetite

14-35% muscle aches

18-31% trouble breathing

27-33% increased phlegm/sputum

14% sore throat

5% vomiting

4% diarrhea

HOWEVER -- some patients have minimal symptoms which can mimic the regular cold or flu (sore throat, diarrhea, runny nose, a low grade fever only).

More recently the loss of smell and taste have been reported as possible symptoms.

Please read the USA CDC website for the latest clinical information:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html

The NHS guidelines ask that you self-isolate for 7 days if you have 1) a fever or 2) a new continuous cough. DO NOT go to your doctor or hospital to get this evaluated UNLESS you have significant difficulty breathing.

If you are over 70 -- staying at home (self isolation) is the best option for now to reduce your potential exposure to the coronavirus.

Self isolation:

• Try and keep two metres / six feet (three steps) away from other people in your home - especially older people or those with long-term health conditions
  • Ask friends and family and delivery services to deliver food and medicine - but avoid contact with them
  • Sleep alone if possible
  • Wash your hands with soap and warm water for 20 seconds on a regular basis
  • Try to stay away from older people and those with long term health conditions
  • Drink lots of water and take everyday painkillers - like paracetamol/acetaminophen- to deal with your symptoms
  • Not have visitors and ask people to leave deliveries outside
  • Not leave the house - including going for a walk or to schools or any public places
Expert:  neurosurg replied 5 days ago.

If you need a note, you could get one from here:

https://111.nhs.uk/isolation-note

Expert:  neurosurg replied 5 days ago.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!