Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

My mum is 70 and returns from infia last Sunday side she has

Customer Question

Hi my mum is 70 and returns from infia last Sunday side she has been back she is always tired and has no energy. she has not eaten properly for 3 days
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: not see doctor yet she on bloody pressure tabs
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Any other symptoms?
Customer: loss of appetite.....she feels sick of the thought of eating
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: sugar was fine today
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 16 days ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I look forward to answering your question. These are not likely symptoms of the corona virus. She may have picked up a stomach virus while traveling. You should help her to self isolate. Take a temperature every 12 hours. Be sure she stays hydrated. Fluids are more important than food as long as she is eating a bit. Please reply with questions and consider a positive rating. We are not compensated without a rating. thank you for using JA.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
thanks what should she take to clear the bug if she has one.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 16 days ago.
There’s nothing she can take to improve her appetite and energy. Most likely she has some sort of virus, hopefully not covid 19. All you can do is supportive measures such as describe above, rest, and fluids.