Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I wonder if you can help me mine son aged 3.5 years old get

Customer Question

Good Evening, I wonder if you can help me mine son aged 3.5 years old get ill since Friday we have rang 111 as we were concern he might got corona virus his sympoths are worse and I am not sure what it is but I would like him to be checked
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Basically he start to have diarrhoea, than high tempature came up its the forth day and it will drop down a bit after him taking calpol but its keep coming back and also he is started to caugh which that's getting worse, he is also got runny nose so I don't know if he got coronavirus but he had in pass chect infection so we are only giving him calpol and medicine for caugh… I have also tried to ring 111 now but the line its too busy and waiting time its one hour
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: No he is not allergic to anything and if he is well he doesn't take anything on dialy basic
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 11 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi Dr. Hasan, thank you very much.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 11 days ago.

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Your son doesn't have symptoms of coronavirus. This is just the simple flu and there is a chance that he might have got a superadded bacterial infection. You should continue with the Calpol thrice daily for 3 days and syrup Benadryl twice daily. Later call your GP and see if he advise antibiotics for him but I reassure you that this is not corona so please don't get stressed. Give him a BRAT diet only ( banana rice, apple sauce, and toast) and give him Pedialyte to drink. I wish him good luck and that he gets well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Could you please advise how can you be sure he doesn't got coronavirus ?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 11 days ago.

In corona, he must have a dry cough, high fever and shortness of breath. Runny nose and diarrhea are not features of the corona. My best wishes and prayers will be following him for good health. Please remember to rate my answer as this is how we get compensated for our time and effort here for you. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
All we can hear from media that high tempature / caugh and he got it both obviously he can have normal flu
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 11 days ago.

Please don't trust the media. There has to be a dry cough which is persistent and progressive in the corona as it affects the lungs.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
but I have said he is got a caugh
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
he start with diarrhoea / high tempature / and caugh which its getting worse each day so I don't know how you can be sure he doesn't have it I just would like to know its mine child and he is only 3.5 so I am obviously panicking
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 11 days ago.

In corona, symptoms never start with diarrhea. The cough that he has is allergic. Benadryl will help with that, If that doesn't then you should see the doctor or call your GP as he might need antibiotics but otherwise there is no need to worry about the corona. I reassure you.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
ok thank you have a lovely night
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 11 days ago.

You are most welcome. My best wishes and prayers will be following him for good health. Please remember to rate my answer as this is how we get compensated for our time and effort here for you. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards