Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

Just overwhelmed at the moment. I’m a carer and struggling

Customer Question

Just overwhelmed at the moment. I’m a carer and struggling with various awful life events that have come crashing down on me over the last 10 years, and accelerated over the last three. I’m a good strong person but I’m really unable to see any pleasure in life or much of a future at the moment.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No. I’ve been assessed by Let’s Talk. Apparently I’m not at risk to myself and not eligible for support on the NZhS. I’m not on any medication.
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: HRT and no.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I was diagnosed with ME 10 years ago. I self manage
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I’m not sure if I’m supposed to wait or not.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 6 days ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I look forward to answering your question. I’m sorry nobody has responded to your question. How old are you? What HRT are you taking and what dose ? There are no good cures or treatments that are medical for ME. What symptoms are bothering you the most. I’m hoping to help you.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
It’s not the ME that’s the main issue. Although it’s disappointing that so many doctors believe it’s psychosomatic. I’ve had a stream of problems I’ve had to face alone from my disabled husband having a major heart attack and then losing his job to dealing with my brother’s bowel cancer to four deaths in the family. And now I’ve had to take a 40% pay cut and I can’t make ends meet. I have no support network. I could be about to lose everything. And I’m exhausted.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 5 days ago.
ME and Chronic fatigue are real illnesses. It’s not just “in your head”. Unfortunately they don’t have as yet an identifiable organic cause so no great treatments except symptom relief. It sounds like you are in a bad spot, but you are not alone, many people are in the same position. You have to continue to do all you can to support yourself. Mild exercise like walking. Relaxation. Focus on nutrition. I hope this helps a little. Please reply with questions and consider a positive rating. We are not compensated without a rating. thank you for using JA.