Internist
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  MBBS,MD (USA)Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine
23050427

I work in a care home laundry and have asma Wich is playing

Customer Question

I work in a care home laundry and have asma Wich is playing up a little should I go work or am I at risk of corona
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: Short of breathe more taking sprays more
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Had newmonia a few years ago
Expert:  Dr Shahz replied 5 days ago.

hi, I am Dr Shahz. I will address your concern.

Expert:  Dr Shahz replied 5 days ago.

Based on your information, you are among high risk group for getting corona infection. Therefore, I would strongly recommend you to not to go to work and stay at home and observe strict preventive hygiene care. Does it address your concern ?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Is it becuse im worried my breathing is worse
Expert:  Dr Shahz replied 5 days ago.

Most probably it is related to the anxiety or your asthma. However, If you develop any severity in breathing, cough and fever, then you should consult A&E.

Expert:  Dr Shahz replied 5 days ago.

do you have any other question ?

Expert:  Dr Shahz replied 5 days ago.

a 5 star rating would be appreciated.

Dr Shahz, MD, FRCP

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Need to know if im at risk goin work
Expert:  Dr Shahz replied 5 days ago.

yes, you should not go to work.

Expert:  Dr Shahz replied 5 days ago.

please stay at home until situation gets better. Best regards.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Not very helpfull
Expert:  Dr Shahz replied 5 days ago.

I will opt out, so another expert can help you.

Expert:  Internist replied 5 days ago.

Greetings thank you for your question.
While you have a general concern that you have asthma and you are definitely at a somewhat high risk if you catch chronic infection, whether going to work or not it completely depends upon the workplace.
Example the healthcare workers nursing staff, people working in the pharmacies, retail stores have to go to work and of course practice the necessity precautions to make sure that you do not catch the infection.
Having said that if you have any symptoms which are concerning for infection or if you have a clear history of unprotected exposure whether direct or indirect to a corona virus patient you should not go to work.
I hope that helps, if you have any follow-up questions or concerns, please let me know. If you are satisfied with the answer, please click accept and give positive feedback. Thank you