Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

My wife got her period a couple of days ago for the first

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: my wife got her period a couple of days ago for the first time in 9 months, she is feeling very tired, dizzy and is experiencing headaches. I was wondering if she may be anaemic. She has Folic Acid tablets at home
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: Her periods are very irregular as she is severely overweight, she has been experiencing irregularities for a few years now. She is 44
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: she is in no pain
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
She is Asthmatic
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 6 days ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I look forward to answering your question. Tired, dizzy and headaches can certainly be a symptom of anemia. Folic acid tablets will not help because anemia due to blood loss is an iron deficiency anemia. Being severely overweight puts her at risk of endometrial hyperplasia and endometrial cancer. She’s going to need to see an ob gyn as soon as she can. Please reply with questions and consider a positive rating. We are not compensated without a rating. thank you for using JA.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
In the current climate, an appointment of this kind will be very hard to get, in the meantime, is there any treatment I can source locally?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 6 days ago.
Starting an over the counter iron supplement would not hurt if you feel she may be anemic. Please reply with questions and consider a positive rating. We are not compensated without a rating. thank you for using JA.