Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are

Customer Question

Good morning My name is*****: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I’ve not seen a doctor and no medication
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I’m not allergic to any
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Nothing
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 17 days ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I look forward to answering your question. What is your question?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I’ve been having temperatures for a week now, sometimes feels cold and shivering
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
What can I do please
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hello Dr
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 17 days ago.
How high is your temperature? Your concern with a fever is covid19, and you need to self isolate As long as our symptoms are mild, you should stay home. You should call 111, which is the hotline is you feel you need testing. Do you have a cough at all?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Temperatures not too hot and I don’t have a cough
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Can I get tested please?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
And is there any medication I can be taking to help my immune system please?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 17 days ago.
If you have no temperature and no cough then you do not meet any criteria for testing. Remember that we do not have enough testing kits, so they need to be reserved for those who are sick. Medications do not do a great job to boost the immune system. It’s more effective to use hand washing, hand sanitation precautions and stay secluded. Some things that are natural that may help are turmeric and or ginger supplement or an over the counter medication called Airborne. These items are hard to find now. Please reply with questions and consider a positive rating. We are not compensated without a rating. thank you for using JA. I hope this helps.