Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have symptoms of a dry cough ( not a constant cough),

Customer Question

Hi , I have symptoms of a dry cough ( not a constant cough) , dizzyness, headache and fitigue . It is not getting any better. I am scared if it is covid 19 and I don't want to spread anything
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: It is daily no nausea kind of like a head cold
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No , I am allergic to penicillin but nothing upper respiratory
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 10 days ago.

Hello, my name is Dr Uzair and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

What is your age?

Are there any comorbidities?

For how long do you have these symptoms?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am 31 ,I am healthy and don't have any comorbidities . I have been having these symptoms for Al least two weeks .
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 10 days ago.

Thanks for the reply.

At this point, the only way to tell if someone has COVID-19 is by a test. The symptoms of COVID-19 mimic symptoms of any other flu virus.

At your age, the best thing you can do right now is to self-isolate yourself.

Start on steam inhalations with menthol crystals thrice a day.

Saline gargles thrice a day.

Sleep with a head-up tilt of about 30 degrees.

Place a humidifier in your room.

Keep yourself hydrated and well-rested.

Maintain a healthy diet.

Call your nearest health care facility and ask them for advice on how, where and when to show up for a test, if they require you to.

In case, you develop breathing difficulty, you can go to an ER for treatment, at this time, they are not taking any non-emergent patients in the hospital.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!