Dermadoc
Dermadoc, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DNB
19010125

Please could you let me know if I come under the high risk

Please could you let me know if I come under the high risk and should stay at home while the caronavirus is high , because of taking immune suppressant drugs methotrexate and Humira .?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Methotrexate and Humira
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no

Thanks for posting your query.

Yes you are definitely under high risk since you are taking both methotrexate and humira, both are immunosupressants. this significantly lowers your immunity.

It is best to restrict yourself at home and try to not come in contact with many people unless absolutely necessary.

Please wear a mask and gloves when exposed to people. maintain social distancing and keep washing your hands often.

I would just like to recommend the following just as general guidelines in case of any symptoms:-

1. It would be best to keep monitoring the temperature often

2. Tab. Tylenol once or twice a day in case of fever and headache, tylenol can be administered safely every 8 hours.

3. cold compresses on the head can help lower the temperature

4. Warm water mixed with salt gargles every 3- 4 hourly

5. Syp. Benadryl for cough

6. Warm soups, green tea throughout the day

7. sipping of warm water throughout the day

8. Steam inhalation

9. For nasal congestion- Tab. Allegra 120 mg once a day

10. Multivitamin supplements like vitamin B complex, Vitamin C, Zinc

11. Keep yourself warm

12. Keep well hydrated

If symptoms increase , It would be best to connect with your family doctor, to rule out causes for your symptoms. But its important to treat it first. Please try out my recommendations.

Hope my recommendations are helpful . Please let me know if you have any queries. take care