Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

Is it possible I have a blocked artery/vein at 19 years old?

Dear Customer.

I am currently reviewing your concern. Please note that all phone call requests are auto-generated. I have no control over them. You may ignore these requests.

Communicating through chat is just fine with me.

May I know if you have any significant medical history?

Any family history of chronic blood disorders?

Any pain, swelling in your limbs?

Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
No medical history and nothing in my family apart from my mother who has high blood pressure, which I think was brought on from smoking. There’s no swelling at all, however I am having mild pain in my right and left side of my heart at different times. I also have a weird buzzing/vibrating and palpitations feeling in my left foot only. Also feel a pressure in my left arm and sometimes in my left leg

Thank you for your reply.

The symptoms you are describing are not due to thrombosis of an artery or vein.

If there is a thrombosis, severe pain with discolouration, swelling, redness would present.

Your symptoms are not worrisome.

But, it's important to keep in mind smoking may cause Thromboangiitis obliterans that is narrowing of the arteries in the limbs and also affects the heart arteries. But this is a long term effect of many years of smoking.

Therefore it is advisable to not smoke.

It is good to know you have no family history of clotting disorders. Also since you are young with no significant medical history, there is no reason to worry about blocked artery and vein.

The symptoms are due to some nutrient deficiency. Kindly check your Calcium, Vitamin D levels.

Add multivitamins to your diet.

Take Omega 3 fatty acids.

Eat lots of fresh vegetables and fruits.

Include plenty of water.

I hope that helps.Please rate the answer with 5 stars, by clicking the 5 stars above with your mouse ( or with your finger on a mobile device). It is the only way professionals get compensated for helping on the site.Giving a positive reply does not complete our conversation, you can continue any questions, you may have.A bonus would be appreciated.

Thank You.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thanks for the reply. However, I did start smoking at the age of 15. I have always been active (walking) but I never used to really eat healing. I ate a lot of junk food over the past few years while smoking which is the reason why I think I might have caused damage to my health. I haven’t smoked or drank alcohol for a while now and will never start that again.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Healthy *

Thank you for your reply.

It is good to know you have started a very healthy lifestyle. The day you stopped smoking, your lungs started healing. The other point in your favour is that you are still very young. Kindly continue to live healthy.

Wishing you all the very best in health and happiness.

Please rate the answer with 5 stars, by clicking the 5 stars above with your mouse ( or with your finger on a mobile device). It is the only way professionals get compensated for helping on the site.

Giving a positive reply does not complete our conversation, you can continue any questions, you may have.

A bonus would be appreciated.

Thank You.