Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I was born with a septal defect, the last check up I had for

I was born with a septal defect, the last check up I had for this would have been mid 90s when I was an early teen. Is this an underlying health issue I should be worried about with Covid-19?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I was going to talk to my dr when I was going in for a cervical screening last week but the appointment got cancelled and don't want to bother them when they are already stretched
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I'm not on any meds but have regular sinusitis that I manage with ibuprofen and a nasal spray
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: No daily meds and no allergies that I'm aware of

Hello, my name is Dr Uzair and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

No, a septal defect or the consequences of having a septal defect have not been identified as being high risk for COVID-19.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!