wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I believe I have discovered a cavity (caused by decay) at

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I believe I have discovered a cavity (caused by decay) at the bottom and back of one of my front lower teeth. Essentially I can feel what appears to be a hole with my tongue. I am quite concerned about leaving it untreated when I don't know how long it will be before I can see a dentist. I've seen online you can buy temporary cavity filling material. Is this safe to use on a newly discovered cavity? I'm sure there are risks, however I would like to know whether it's better or worse than leaving it untreated?
JA: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?
Customer: No swelling, but they are slightly sore 6 years ago
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hi. My name is Dr Rick, I have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Yes. That is safe to use in a newly discovered cavity.

while it will not fix the cavity it is better then leaving it alone.

It is important for you to get into see a Dentist as soon as possible so things don't get worse....root canals are no fun ;-)

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
That's great thank you! I will order some now. I will be sure to rate as excellent!