Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have small blisters in my belly button, appeared

Hi. I have small blisters in my belly button, appeared overnight. Really worried, can you help?

Hello, my name is Dr Uzair and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Can you please attach a picture here?

Are they itchy or sore?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No itching, sore
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Picture

Thanks for the reply.

It looks like a bacterial infection.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Infection in belly button?

I would suggest applying Neosporin ointment available OTC thrice a day for a week and take Panadol, clean the area with antiseptic and if it does not improve then see a doctor for examination and oral antibiotics.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Where could the infection come from.

Visiting gp during those crisis could prove difficult

Infections can occur due to bacteria colonizing the blocked glands or small abrasions on the skin. It does not look anything serious so most likely it will improve with Neosporin available at the pharmacy without a prescription. You can clean it with alcohol swabs as well.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you very much

You're welcome.

Take good care.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Pharmacy has ordered it in for tomorrow. I have been anxious that its caused by something serious, like leukemia or skin cancer and it presents itself like that. Hope i am wrong?
Sorry for my anxiety

No worries, it does not look anything serious like that. Do not take the stress.