Dr. Ben
Dr. Ben, Doctor
Experience:  GP Partner, practicing Medicine for 14 years. I have broad experience with special interests in Dermatology, Paediatrics, Sexual Health and Oncology.
105673646

I work self employed cleaning for elderly in their own home

Hello I work self employed cleaning for elderly in their own home I also have crohns should I be self isolating if so what financial help can I get. Debbie
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: just rang doctors they told me to contact you I am on loperamide for chronic diareah
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have another autoimmune disease lichen sclerosis’s

Hello, thank you for your question. I’m Dr. Ben and I’m here to assist you today. Please allow me a few moments to review your question and I’ll be right back.

If you receive an invitation for a phone call, please know this is automatically generated by the site and has not come from me. Feel free to ignore it.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Ok Ben thank you

If you aren’t taking any other medications apart from Loperamide then the Crohn’s Disease and Lichen Sclerosus do not place you within the high risk category in their own right. As such, you can still go to work (if necessary) as long as the official hygiene and social-distancing advice is closely observed. However, you may wish to discuss this individually with your clients.

Right now, there is essentially no additional financial support for self-employed workers, however this is expected to change later today with an announcement due this afternoon on this very subject by the chancellor.

Is there anything else you would like to ask me?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
No I refused immune suppression 7 years ago get very bad diareah if I don’t take loperamide but apart from that groove can’t understand it really why it’s not got any worse maybe because I take turmeric lol
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Groovey lol

You’re very welcome, all the best.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you for your help 10 out of 10

You are most kind, have a good day.