How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask the-good-doctor Your Own Question
the-good-doctor, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 68700
Experience:  Medical Doctor
Type Your Medical Question Here...
the-good-doctor is online now

I am to have a Trans-Urethral resection of the Prostrate.

This answer was rated:

I am to have a Trans-Urethral resection of the Prostrate. What is the percentage success rate of this procedure

Hello. I'm The Good Dr., licensed and practicing physician. Excellent service is my goal.

for what condition?


Customer: replied 12 days ago.
What does BPH mean

enlarged prostate

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Sorry can't afford £34

no problem

lets continue here

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you

so is it for an enlarged prostate?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I can only assume so. I was discharged from the prostate cancer clinic about 3 years ago. After going 5 years without treatment

yes, a TURP is highly effective

however, erectile dysfunction and urinary incontience are very common after

especially at your age

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

the-good-doctor and 9 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you