Internist
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  MBBS,MD (USA)Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine
23050427

My husband has sarcoidosis and he hasn't got a letter stay

My husband has sarcoidosis and he hasn't got a letter stay saying stay at home yet how long does I have to wait for it
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: He's had it for 9 years and is on steroids
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: He's a refuge collector and he's due back to work on Tuesday but with this virus he hasn't received his letter about staying at home

How much steroids, dose he is taking.
Is he on steroids for the
Years?.
Was it ever tried to taper down.
Does he have any symptoms of shortness of breath, cough, fever.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
He's on 5 MLS been on for years no he doesn't x

Thank you for your reply.
Being on steroids although very low-dose puts him at risk for immunosuppressed status and he should stay home as much as possible during current pandemic, just to avoid getting in contact with anybody who is sick.

Having said that, If he does not have any symptoms and he does not have any history of sick contact, he can do the mandatory outside activities, including a work for example if he is a healthcare worker, it is recommended now that can go to work and wear the mask and make sure he practices hand hygiene and other protective measures to avoid any contact.

I hope that helps, if you have further questions, please let me know. If you are satisfied with the answer, please click accept, give positive feedback. Thank you

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

You are very welcome.
Please do not forget to rate the question with positive feedback and accept the answer. Therefore we get credit for our time here.
Good luck