Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My throat and mouth has been extremely dry and now my right

Hi my throat and mouth has been extremely dry and now my right tonsil is quite inflamed and sore. Slight heavy upper chest pain
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?
Customer: No fever the dry throat about two weeks from this morning my tonsils have come up on one side and sore
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have gout and slight disconfirm on knees with arthritis

Hello, my name is Dr Uzair and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I will suggest that you start on steam inhalations with menthol crystals thrice a day.

Warm salt water gargles four times a day.

Start on an anti-inflammatory like Paracetamol, two tablets every 6 hours.

Place a humidifier in your room.

Sleep with a head-up tilt of about 30 degrees at night.

Warm liquids will help.

Lozenges to soothe the throat.

These measures should help with your symptoms.

If you develop a high-grade fever with chills and rigors then you will need to call or see your physician in order to obtain a prescription for antibiotics.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
You don’t consider this to be Corvid19 ?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I’d don’t hurt much to swallow, it’s more swollen on my neck in my tonsils
Dry mouth and throat

Thank you for your response.

No, COVID-19 presents with high-grade fever, dry cough, and headaches. Those are the most common symptoms.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I thought the COVID 19 virus also come with no fever ? I’m unsure why my chest is slightly heavy across the top as well
Sore throats no too bad but quite bad swollen glands / tonsils under jaw
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Do I have to pay again ? Just looking for this last reply

As a matter of fact, fever is the most common symptom reported in individuals who tested positive for COVID-19.