Caring doc
Caring doc, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist. MBBS,MD
25020506

I am 67 years old with A fib and high blood pressure. I work

I am 67 years old with A fib and high blood pressure. I work in a supermarket. Should I be self isolating?
JA: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?
Customer: There is a history of high blood pressure, both mum and dad and i have not had a check up since being diagnosed two years ago
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No , except i get very anxious
Hi.Welcome to just answer.I am caring doc.I can help you today.
Unless you are in an area where there are many cases of corona and they are increasing,or you have people immediately around you who are infected, you don't need to absolutely isolate your self.
Just be careful.WHO advises people of all ages to take steps to protect themselves from the virus, for example by following good hand hygiene and good respiratory hygiene.
Let me know if you have any questions please.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Will I not be at more risk of catching it as I work on the checkout in a supermarket?
older people are more at risk to get the Infection, if your area has alot of cases, you should take a break.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How long would you suggest
At least for 2 weeks as it is suggested as the cases are increasing.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
You are most welcome.