Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I need to see my gp I had a thyroidectomy 30 years ago and

I need to see my gp I had a thyroidectomy 30 years ago and take thyroxine, I think my levels are out and need a blood test. My memory is horrendous it’s scaring me and constant headache.
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: Daily
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I went on nhs helpline because also got sore throat thought it might be vivid 19 they told me to isolate for 7 days. No other symptoms. I also have asthma which is fine
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I look forward to answering your question. If you are taking a thyroid replacement, your blood test should be done at least every 6 months. Memory problems and headache could be signs of a thyroid issues but are more likely something else. When was your last blood test? You will need to wait to get an in person appointment for another blood test unless your GP may order one without. Please reply with questions and consider a positive rating. We are not compensated without a rating. thank you for using JA.