Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have sell isolated for 9 days, and was planning to go

I have sell isolated for 9 days, and was planning to go 14days. my symptoms to me are more flu like. However my symptoms have got worse, although no coughing or temperature .should I isolate longer . Iam 70 years old and no underlying health issues
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: Sorry I am not coughing very much not like patients I have seen on tv
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Not really take medicine for IBS not severe. I can cope with symptoms as they stand. I am wondering if next Tuesday if I feel better can I get out to shops,or should I start another 14 days. Just me an the wife in house, she is OK at minute

Hello, my name is Dr Uzair and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

You should continue isolation for 2 weeks and if your symptoms do not settle by the end of two weeks then isolate till they last.

Meanwhile, take panadol, lots of ginger tea, chicken stock, and soups t build your immunity.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Customer: replied 7 days ago.

My pleasure.