Internist
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  MBBS,MD (USA)Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine
23050427

I have a blood clot in my groin with this Coronavirus do I

Hi I have a blood clot in my groin with this Coronavirus do I need to self isolate
JA: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: The blood clot happened about 2 years ago I’m on warfarin I was in Hospital for a week when it happened I still get quite a lot of pain in my leg
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: i have have had 2 hernia ops. in the last 2 years

Thanks for the question.

Do you have any other medical problems?

Do you take any other medications?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Statins ,Lansoprazole
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No Thank you

Thank you for your reply.
Just having previous history of for clot and being on blood thinning medication does not put you at a high risk for coronavirus. Having said that it is recommended to be socially distant, not necessarily self isolate yourself but avoid any unnecessary contact with anybody as much as possible. You do not really have to quadrant pain yourself but stay home and if your work is requiring you to be there, for example if your healthcare worker or any other work which is mandatory, you could still go to work by wearing the mask and make sure you practice hand hygiene, frequent handwashing, and avoid any sick contact.

I hope that helps, if you have any further questions, please let me know, if you are satisfied with answer, please click accept, give positive feedback, thank you

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
accept