Internist
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  MBBS,MD (USA)Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine
23050427

I have COVID 19 symptoms, Paracetamol, No I’m normally fit

Hi, I have COVID 19 symptoms
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Paracetamol
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No I’m normally fit and well

Consulted to hear about that.
What are your symptoms could you please describe them?
Do you have any history of direct or indirect sick contact with a coronavirus patient?
Do you have shortness of breath or fever, if yes how high was the fever?
Are you currently working or staying home isolated?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
So, on the 14/03/2020 I developed a fever of 38.7 this then stayed the same for 8 days, the fever stopped & then I developed chest problems such as a deep tickling feeling and tightness/pain

Most common cause of the symptoms is viral respiratory tract infection, postnasal drip and majority of the treatment is symptomatic for example just some over-the-counter cough suppressants, Robitussin-DM etc.
In fact American College of chest physician and cough guidelines do recommend to avoid antibiotics and unnecessary testing if there are no concerning symptoms. There is recommendation to use green tea, with honey, lemon, ginger, drink plenty of fluids and kind of wait and watch how symptoms go.
If the symptoms are persistent beyond 2 to 6 weeks a reevaluation should be considered.
In addition if there are associated symptoms for example fever, shortness of breath, chest pain, blood in the sputum, other urinary bowel complaints the form of nausea vomiting, abdominal pain, of course and earlier detailed evaluation by your primary medical doctor/emergency medicine should be considered.

I hope that helps, if you have any further questions or concerns please let me know, if you are satisfied with the answer, please click ACCEPT and give positive feedback, appreciated.