DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I had blood taken 3 days ago. Much further down the same arm

I had blood taken 3 days ago. Much further down the same arm (about 3-4 inches away from where needle went in) on the inside vein, today about an inch's worth of vein has turned bruised looking. It also feels slightly raised and lumpy but isn't sore or hot to touch and doesn't hurt at all. What is this? Is it a clot? Or infection? Should I leave it or get it seen to? Thanks.
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: Fine. I possibly had corona about 4 weeks ago. Husband travelled back from Italy on 20th Feb and we all got mild flu like symptoms. All ok now though.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I'm on HRT. I'm 47 and hit the menopause last year. The blood test described above was to check my hormone levels.

Hello! My name is Dr.Ehtisham. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Most probably it is a superficial thrombophlebitis

You should only apply warm compresses over it

There is nothing to worry as it will settle in a week or so

Please do let me know if you have any other question

If done please leave a 5-stars feedback rating

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you! Kind Regards.