DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

It is a general question I have to ask you. It is actually

Hello there. My name is***** and it is a general question I have to ask you.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: It is actually not about myself at all, but about myself as I have my two parents living with me who are 97 and 92.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No. Not really. I was just after general advice. What is the position for someone like myself caring for 2 elderly people who has to go out to work. Naturally I would not want to take the risk of bringing the coronavirus in to our flat.

Hello! My name is Dr.Ehtisham. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

How old are you?

Do you have any medical problem?

Does your parents have any medical illness?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I am 57, but my query relates to my elderly parents who live with me, who are 97 and 92

Have your parents got any medical problem?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I work in a bank and am customer facing. My father has had treatment for skin cancer, but has the all clear. He is very alert for his age, but can't walk very well. My mother has alzheimers but they are both generally very well indeed
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
My obvious concern is not wanting to bring coronavirus in to the flat. Although we are all taking the necessary precautions.

Thanks for the details

There is a slightly increased risk that you may transfer the virus to them if you get it when you work outside

But if you will follow the necessary precautions hopefully that will be fine as well

Also limit your movements and contact

And in the house as well limit your contact with your parents

Hopefully that will help in preventing them and you as well

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Would you advise me to self isolate with them; or do you think it is still okay to go in to work?. I am going to call my Union about the matter tomorrow, but was told in the meantime that I should call 111 and see what advice they would give.

It would be best if you can self isolate

But if not then precautionary measures are must

If done please leave a 5-stars feedback rating

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Would you advice me to self isolate with them or do you think it is okay to go in to work. I am going to call my union about the matter tomorrow but was told in the mean time that I should call 111 and see what advice they would give

You can self isolate with them