Dr Shahz
Dr Shahz, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS (MD), FRCP, FHEA
107958700

I have been in hospital for suspected coronovirus but

I have been in hospital for suspected coronovirus but fortunately i tested clear. They said my asthma was exasperated really bad. I was given high doses of antiobiotics, and intravenous steroids for 5 days, nebulisers, oxygen etc. I was released after 7 days but i still have a really bad cough which is very painful in my chest my stomach mu upper arms and thighs. It feels like my veins are bursting open when i cough. My inhalers are not helping
JA: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: I have had this cough for 11 days . I did have vomitting and nausea but this stopped 3 days ago
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have angina but no blocked arteries. I am taking anticoagulants and painkillers of tramadol for a hip and spine problem

Hi, I would address your concern.

Dr Shahz, MD, FRCP

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Im sorry i dont have money for a call

We can chat. No problem.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I would just like to know if this pain is serious

Which pain is bothering you most?

From symptoms, it seems you have acute asthma attack and for that you might need nebulizer

as inhalers are not working

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
All together stomach chest arms thighs it makes me scream its reallh painful when i cough and coughing can last 10 minutes o
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I hzve had nebulisers in hospital for 5 days and my oxygen was 98%

I am sorry to know that. I can understand your situation. I would strongly recommend you to go A&E as you need acute therapy.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
They discharged me 2 days ago

I understand. I am sorry but at home, it would not get better. Do you have nebulizer at home?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
They said my sats and everything are fine . I get breathless but not wheezing like asthma

you don't need to be admitted there, just need acute therapy probably nebulizer

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
The doctors in the hospital told me it is safer for me to be at home because of covid 19

I understand but you need acute therapy

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
When i am resting i am fine it is only on movement that i get breathless and cough
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Also the doctors stopped my nebulisers 24 hours before they discharged me because they said i didnt need them

well, you can give some more time to see recovery. However, if not resolved then please consult A&E.

Thank you for the question.

A 5 star rating is requested for my time. Thanks

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Do you think i have pluerisy

Yes. It can be.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
What is the treatment for pluerisy

it depends on underlying cause. Doctor evaluate and treat the cause.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
The hospital said they think i contracted a viral onfevtoon but tgey did not understand my psin when coughing

Before further talk, we need you to rate the first answer please.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
How do i rate

Please click accept and rate it