Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

I am a 63 year old female in general good health. For some

Good morning doctor, I am a 63 year old female in general good health. For some months now I have been experiencing pain in my right arm around the bicep area. It is quite painful to move my arm across my body but I seem to be able to move it reasonably easily in other directions. I’ve been exercising my arm but it doesn’t seem to be improving. Do you know what’s causing this and can I do anything about it ? Thank you Carole
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: resting it doesn’t make much difference but no swelling
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: i do not take any medication for anything, possibly have slightly high blood pressure. Last problem I had health wise was a broken ankle last May.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hello Doctor

We can continue our conversation now through text in this reply forum.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Did you have any history of trauma?

Any history of excess stretch overarm?

Pian is continuous or it comes and goes?

Any shoulder, neck stiffness?

Are you able to raise your arm above shoulder level?

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
No trauma,no history of overstretch, continuous pain, no stiffness, I can move arm above shoulder with bit of pain

Please allow me just a few minutes.
I’ll reply you back soon after reviewing it.

Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

Thanks for all this additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, it sounds like sprain/ Tendonitis.

The symptoms for a few months is worrisome. I would suggest you have a physical check-up along with few investigations like MRI to clinch the diagnosis. Treatment will follow.
Till then give rest to the shoulder/ avoid postures which hurt/ avoid sleeping on the arm concerned/ anti-inflammatory tabs like Motrin and cold compress may help.

Another possible cause may include Pinched nerve and rotator cuff strain.

See an Orthopedist.

Consider Physical therapy.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Ok - thank you doctor for your help. It looks like I will have to see someone about this after all though. Thanks again Carole

Do gentle arm stretching and do massage with muscle relaxant ointment and apply warm compresses in the meantime.

Do daily oil massage on your both shoulders, neck, and arms before a warm bath.

I wish for your good health.
Please do not forget to leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars if you are satisfied with our conversation. A bonus is highly appreciated.
We can continue our conversation even after you provide a rating.
Kind Regards
Dr.Anil