Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialities
28277873

Will a broken (upper) denture and broken tooth (no pain) for

Will a broken (upper) denture and broken tooth (no pain) for a disabled wheelchair bound patient be treated as an emergency. If so what do i do.
JA: Is the pain consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: No pain, tooth broken at the side
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Confined to a wheelchair so can't get on to the dental chair. Has blood pressure and is diabetic

Hello and thank you for the question.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Board Certified Consultant with over 15 years of experience and I will do my best to help you today.
Let me review your question for a minute and I will get back to you.

If there is no significant pain or bleeding, this will not be considered an Emergency, but you can try to call your dentist and have an opinion. May be he wants to see the patient semi-urgently (in a day or two).

If you do not have a dentist, please call 111 (NHS helpline) and they will advice you what to do next (they may find a dentist near you or arrange an appointment).

For mild pain, you can give paracetamol at home, do not use ibuprofen as it can make bleeding worse.

Was it helpful?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Regarding the tooth, yes. But what of the denture that is broken. Please clarify.

Same is true for broken dentures, it is considered non-urgent dental condition as per NHS policy.

Good luck and my sincere wishes for your good health.

Please do not forget to Click and Give 5 Star Rating (at the top of screen) to my service as this is the only way I get credit for my time and expertise on your question. Bonus Always helpful.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, not to worry, I'll just call the dentist tomorrow as you're no able to phone now. I appreciated your advice. Thankyou.

Welcome :)