Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialities
28277873

My son hasn’t been well over the 3-4 days, he is asthmatic

My son hasn’t been well over the 3-4 days , he is asthmatic he’s been taking his brown inhaler as directed . I’ve had his humidifier on every night to help but he’s just not getting any better . He’s complaining of a sore throat and he gets short of breath at the slightest thing .
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?
Customer: So I would say between 3-5 days he’s had a low fever , but once he starts coughing it takes a while to stop . He’s 10 years old but he’s getting worse .
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Cody my son has had quite a few illnesses and been in and out of hospital and seen a few specialists about his health .

Hello and thank you for the question.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Board Certified Consultant with over 15 years of experience and I will do my best to help you today.
Let me review your question for a minute and I will get back to you.

He is having infective exacerbation of asthma, and it will not get better unless the underlying infection (sore throat or lung infection) is treated simultaneously.

With current symptoms, he qualifies for a COVID-19 screen as well; but you need to check with NHS helpline first (call 111) and check the procedure and advice.

He needs a chest X-ray and possible course of antibiotics/steroids to control both infection and asthma.

If you have nebulizer at home, you can nebulize him every 6 hours with his asthma medications, till his further management is initiated.

Was it helpful?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank u doctor ������������ I will do this straight away . Thank you for your prompt response . Kindest egards Mrs love .

Good luck and my sincere wishes for his good health.

Please do not forget to Click and Give 5 Star Rating (at the top of screen) to my service as this is the only way I get credit for my time and expertise on your question. Bonus Always helpful.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.

Thanks for visiting JA!