Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialities
28277873

2 weeks ago I knocked my shin & split the skin. I cleaned

Customer Question

2 weeks ago I knocked my shin & split the skin. I cleaned it, covered with a plaster & nleft for a week. Last week I took plaster off & use "germolene" regularly.
JA: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?
Customer: Thewre is a a one inch scab but about 4 inch angry red circle .
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: In view 2010 hospitalisation ( Dr Willesden) for sepsis am concerned that current wound is not healing.
Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for the question.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Board Certified Consultant with over 15 years of experience and I will do my best to help you today.
Let me review your question for a minute and I will get back to you.

Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 1 year ago.

I would like to ask few details regarding your symptoms/question to assist you more efficiently.

Do you have fever?

Pain at the site of wound?

Any visible discharge and swelling at wound site?

Is it looking inflamed (hot to touch, redness all around it) ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no fever. not pain but "tingling" . no discharge or swelling. but red circle about 4 inch diameter unchanged since uncovering.
Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much for the useful information.

I do not think that you need to go to ER or your doctor for the time being as there are no cardinal features which might suggest an overwhelming infected wound.

This might be inflamed a bit, but not infected.

For the time being, just continue with the dressing during day time and leave it open at night time.

Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 1 year ago.

Actually formation of scan is the biggest indicator of healing wound itself.

Its better to change the topical antibiotic cream to Neosporin (available over the counter) or Fucidin. Please check your local pharmacy if they are available.

Even if you are not able to find them, no worries. Continue the same and I am very much optimistic it will completely dry and heal up very soon.

Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 1 year ago.

Good luck and my sincere wishes for your good health.

Please do not forget to Click and Give 5 Star Rating (at the top of screen) to my service as this is the only way I get credit for my time and expertise on your question. Bonus Always helpful.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.