Dr. James
Dr. James, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
20222826

My kid hit himself on the face today while playing xbox

Hello. My kid hit himself on the face today while playing xbox Kinect. He is 5 years old. He kinda punched his own eye, according to him. It was a moment we were not in the room but he always plays kinect by himself and never had any issues. So he cried a bit and then was fine, had lunch etc. In the afternoon, when his nanny was looking after him, he started crying out of the blue. Then I picked him up and he was fine again. The same happened about 3 times then I took him to my bedroom and spent time in bed with him. For a bit more than 1h he didn't cry, but then out of the blue he started crying again. He doesn't cry for a long time. It's about one minute. and then with some comforting he stops. It seems like this pain comes and goes. He normally doesn't cry when he bumps his head so this is making me worried. I do think there's an emotional aspect because he feel better when we hold him, but then out of the blue he cries again. His eyes look normal inside and the one that got hit is a bit swollen. He wants to touch it all the time and asks for drops all the time. We gave him calpo in the afternoon but I'm not sure it helped at all. He complains he has a headache. Can you help?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is your eye itchy?
Customer: It started about 6 hours ago.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (53PM14S)

hi, my name is ***** ***** an ophthalmologist in the usa.

sorry to hear about the eye injury.

i was able to view the picture files. are you able to upload it again?

does he report any blurry vision?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (G6PSQG3)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (514VSQG)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No his vision is fine

thank you for the photos. the left eye does look a little irritated and swollen.

if he poked himself accident, the eye can be a little achy which can come and go. that may explain the fits of crying.

applying cold towel to the eye can help.

there is likely an emotional aspect as well where he just needs a little comfort and and a hug.

if the crying persists more than a couple days then may be best to have it looked at to check if something is causing the pain (such as a lost eyelash causing irritation).

hi, let me know if you have any other questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello no that's all

feel free to send me a follow-up message if needed.

when you have time, please rate this question answer and service.