Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

Our daughter, Kathryn,40,Please who has Downs Syndrome, has

Customer Question

Our daughter, Kathryn,40,Please who has Downs Syndrome, has a number of moles which look healthy. However since Sunday one on her back has become slightly raised and she is complaining that it "hurts". She says it does not itch. Please advise what action is needed, if any. Her father has had treatment on a few non malignant moles.
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: Not so far. what does that entail? All I can say is that it really does hurt because when I hugged her yesterday morning she winced very badly and was obviously in significant pain, and has said she can't sit comfortably. What needs to be done?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: She hasn't has anything like this before. She is generally in reasonably good health. she wears hearing aids and has problems with her feet. She had osteomyelitis in the pelvic bone in 1995. She was deemed susceptible to infection when a child, but has been in pretty good general health in adulthood.
Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for the question.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Board Certified Consultant with over 15 years of experience and I will do my best to help you today.
Let me review your question for a minute and I will get back to you.

Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 1 year ago.

Can you post a picture of this mole/painful area?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will send 2 photos from my phone.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Technical challenges! I'm trying to work out how to send the photo as an attachment!