Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialities
28277873

Can I ask for some advice? I have not seen a doctor, I rand

Hi - can I ask for some advice?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have not seen a doctor, I rand 111, but they said I need to see a GP, my GP is taking time to get back to me because of the pandemic
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: rang* no

Hello and thank you for visiting JA!
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Board Certified Consultant with over 15 years of experience and I will do my best to help you today.
What is your question; I will be glad to assist.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay great, thank you so much!
This is my problem: I have a missed period, though I have some period symptoms i.e. cramping, and also feeling nauseous, which I don't normally during a period. My cycle has been regular for a long time but last month I had two periods 8 days apart. The second one was tremendously difficult, I almost fainted at least twice, and was incredibly weak, couldn't walk, rested until it was over. And now my period is late, and yet I am cramping. I did a pregnancy test and it came out negative.

Okay.

Do you have fever with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no

This can be a hormonal imbalance. Stress, anxiety, physical exertion, sleep issues could be the usual trigger but there are pathological reasons as well.

Pelvic Inflammatory disease and Infections the other likely possibilities.

You can wait for the GP appointment as this is not something life threatening or medical emergency.

You need a clinical exam, blood tests (for infections, hormones) and pelvic ultrasound.

As of now, you can take Ibuprofen or Naproxen (available over the counter) to control the pain. This will help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I feel I need a clinical examination too
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can an emergency contraceptive pill, which I took about 6 weeks ago, cause all this?

Yes, rarely some times it can disturb your cycles and until they are restored back to normal, some degree of cramping might be there.

Its reassuring that you do not have fever, and as I suspected, this is most likely related to hormonal issues (which could be secondary to the pill).

But you do need an evaluation and exam; not urgent but with in few days to week or two.

Was it helpful?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you. Just one more question, do you think the second period was a period? Or could it have been something else? It was very strange to bleed for 5 days, and then only 7 to 8 days later bleed again with so much dizziness for 4 days

It was most likely an abnormal bleeding; but yes it was menstrual bleeding.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, thank you for your help.

Good luck and my sincere wishes for your good health.

Please do not forget to Click and Give 5 Star Rating (at the top right of screen) to my service as this is the only way I get credit for my time and expertise on your question. Bonus Always helpful.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.