Doctor of Medicine
Doctor of Medicine, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  MD, DABIM,DABCCM, FCCP
23050427

I have a line going down my little toe, it is very light and

Hi,I have a line going down my little toe, it is very light brown and the colour fades a little when file the top of the nail. 2 doctors told me it is probably due to trauma but none of them done a biopsy to rule out melanoma. Also for i am white and i been reading that is not common for us to have melanonychia.
What do you think it is?Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (P4Q177V)

Greetings.
These are quite common lines due to minor sustained trauma and not due to melanoma.
I understand your concern but it is very common for us to see this.
I do not think biopsy is indicated.
You can continue to observe its resolution but just remember it takes some time for these blood clots to heal, management.

I can only reassure you that there is nothing to worry.

I hope it helps, if you have further questions, please let me know, if you are satisfied with answer, please click 5 start rating at the top of the question, thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can a blood clot or a small trauma cause a line like in the picture? Also i first noticed this about 6 month ago but has not changed, if it was something like melanoma i would have had changes by now right?Thank you

You are absolutely right and as mentioned above, it is not uncommon for these lines to stay or take very long time to go away, if there is no increase in size, it is reassuring .

Stay safe .