Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialities
28277873

I keep feeling nauseous and feel a strange feeling in my

I keep feeling nauseous and feel a strange feeling in my chest like shortness of breathe but my oxygen level is 98% on my pulse oximeter.
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, how long have you had the nausea? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: 5 days, I have not used any medication
JA: Thanks for that. Have you seen a doctor about the nausea?
Customer: I went to the hospital yesterday because i thought i was having a heart attack as I had chest discomfort and nausea and this weird feeling of shortness of breathe. They said I was fine and did not have a heart attack. They also did a chest xray.
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: no

Hello and thank you for the question.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Board Certified Consultant with over 15 years of experience and I will do my best to help you today.
Let me review your question for a minute and I will get back to you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks

Its very reassuring that you went to the hospital for urgent assessment and it did not turn out to be some thing serious like chest infection of heart problem.

Do you get heart burn?

Bad taste in mouth when you wake up in the morning?

Are you stressed these day? How is the sleep?

Any other medical problems you have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you get heart burn?
Yes sometimes I doBad taste in mouth when you wake up in the morning?Are you stressed these day? How is the sleep?
Sometimes I get stressed my sleep is okAny other medical problems you have?
I am overweight by 50lbs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bad taste in mouth when you wake up in the morning? - no to this one
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its strange to me since I have had heart burn before but never felt nauseous like this and with shortness of breath

Thank you very much.

For me this looks like a spell of reflux. This commonly causes atypical symptoms like chest pain, cough and sore throat.

Heart burn, obesity and nausea --- all suggest that this is most likely reflux.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Doctor, can I ask a quick question. If I have shortness of breath with normal pulse oximeter reading, does this discount a heart issue? I will treat the heartburn, I have losing weight now.

A normal reading on pulse oximeter does not absolutely rule out a cardiac or lung problem. But yes it suggests that the shortness of breath is less likely to be cardiac/pulmonary origin.

Right now, I will suggest you to take Omeprazole 40 mg once daily for at least 1 week and then shift to 20 mg once daily for another week. Prilosec (omeprazole 20 mg) is available over the counter.

Avoid lying flat 2-3 hours after the meals.

Avoid fatty and spicy meals.

Avoid coffee, tea, alcohol and stimulants.

Use natural immune boosters (honey water and green tea are the best).

This should get better with in few days.

Good luck and my sincere wishes for your good health.

Please do not forget to Click and Give 5 Star Rating (at the top right of screen) to my service as this is the only way I get credit for my time and expertise on your question. Bonus Always helpful.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.