Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialities
28277873

I feel as so I am only using one lung when I breav I had a

I feel as so I am only using one lung when I breav I had a big blockage from what I had eaten previous day which took all night to clear. I am on medication
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I am currently taking carbovisteine 375mg capsules.hard.and phenoxymenthyl- penicillin 250mg.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I had a sore throat that's why I was taking penicillin. My problem started today when I took x2 capsules of carbocistein 375mg this morning at 0600am.

Hello and thank you for the question.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Board Certified Consultant with over 15 years of experience and I will do my best to help you today.
Let me review your question for a minute and I will get back to you.

Your whole lung can not be blocked technically; and if this happens, you might not be able to maintain your oxygen levels and deteriorate with in minutes.

Carbovisteine is supposed to remove lot of phlegm from your lungs and as phlegm moves up gradually it may give you the feeling of blockages at different levels and as a reflex you have to cough more and more, so as to move it up more further in order to cough it out of your lungs eventually.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What bit of saliva I produce seems to go down like a vacuum with out me swallowing.

At this point, I will suggest to continue same treatment.

Drink good amount of water (which will also thin up the phlegm and makes it easy to cough it up).

Take natural immune boosters (honey water and lemon tea are the best).

Steam inhalation will also provide a big relief to you.

I am very much optimistic that you will get better with in a few days.

Calling is not working for me currently, so we will continue in CHAT mode.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My breathing is quite shallow feeling light head when I get up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there.

You should try the home measures I have mentioned already.

But if you feel significant short of breath and uncomfortable breathing, it will be an indication to do a chest xray to make sure your lungs are fine.