Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialities
28277873

I haven't had my period for a few months and its worrying

I haven't had my period for a few months and its worrying me. Should i get a medical checkup?
JA: The Obstetrician-Gynaecologist can help. To begin, apologies for the personal questions, but are you using any contraceptives? When did your last period begin?
Customer: My last period was January. it started from last year where I din have my period from July to November. then it came for december and january. Also, I have been getting cramps a lot even without my period. I dont use any contraceptives
JA: Thanks for that. OK, more personal questions coming up I'm afraid - when was your last smear test, and what were the results? Any swelling, discolouration, or unusual smells?
Customer: Never done any smear test.
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Obstetrician-Gynaecologist should know?
Customer: I had a breast lump removed at the end of july 2019

Hello and thank you for the question.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Board Certified Consultant with over 15 years of experience and I will do my best to help you today.
Let me review your question for a minute and I will get back to you.

What is your age?

Did you have a pregnancy test done recently?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm turning 20 this year and I never had any sexual intercourse.

What age did your periods start?

How long your periods have been irregular?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My period started at the age of 12. and it has been pretty regular. I do get it a few days later sometimes but I used to have my period every month
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's been irregular since June-July 2019

Thank you very much for the useful information.

Although it is not urgent; but yes you need to see your ob/gyn doctor for an evaluation.

This is not normal to have irregular periods, and especially for some one like you who never had an intercourse, previous pregnancy or use of hormonal pills.

This can be due to hormonal imbalance.

Can be due to other medical reasons like thyroid disorders.

Stress, anxiety, being underweight, sleep issue --- all can contribute to this.

A thorough clinical exam, blood tests, and an ultrasound should be done to look at your ovaries.

Once this covid-19 issue is settled; you should get an appointment with the OB doctor for further evaluation.

Stay healthy as much as you can.

Healthy and balanced diet.

And daily exercise.

All should help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay. Thank you very much for the information.

Good luck and my sincere wishes for your good health.

Please do not forget to Click and Give 5 Star Rating (at the top right of screen) to my service as this is the only way I get credit for my time and expertise on your question. Bonus Always helpful.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure! Thanks a lot