Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialities
28277873

I recently found a lump in my left breast. I have been

Hi there. I recently found a lump in my left breast. I have been having night sweats for a year. And also extreme fatigue, sleeping a minimum of 15 hours per day. I am 28. My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer at 39 and died two years ago at 57.
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: Should I be panicking? I went to my gp a month ago and she gas told me she has referred me to breat clinic but haven't received an app
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Should I go to a and e

Hello and thank you for the question.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Board Certified Consultant with over 15 years of experience and I will do my best to help you today.
Let me review your question for a minute and I will get back to you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You need a semi-urgent appointment with breast clinic. If you go to ER they will not entertain you as you need an elective work up and scheduling for mammogram and breast ultrasound.

You should call again your GP surgery and inquire about the referral/appointment. I am sure they will help you arrange this.

Even if you get an appointment with in next 2-3 weeks, acceptable.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you for your help.

Its not necessary that you have breast cancer. The lump can be noncancerous also. Moreover, the symptoms you have can be due to other problems as well such as thyroid, low vitamin D etc.

But yes, the first thing to rule out here is a breast cancer issue.

Good luck and my sincere wishes for your good health.

Please do not forget to Click and Give 5 Star Rating (at the top right of screen) to my service as this is the only way I get credit for my time and expertise on your question. Bonus Always helpful.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.