How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Doctor of Medicine Your Own Question
Doctor of Medicine
Doctor of Medicine, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 1388
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Doctor of Medicine is online now

I am having the side nose bones swollen. This keeps

This answer was rated:

Good afternoon,
JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: I am having the side nose bones swollen. This keeps happening since 3 weeks. I took allergy tablets, I also took antibiotics as I used to have sinusitis in the past but still no improvement. Moreover today it got swollen even more. I am not sure what to do at the moment
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, when were you prescribed the antibiotics? How severe were any side effects?
Customer: I had them from a past visit to doctor when i was prescribed antibiotics for sinusitis. I do not have a blocked nose or runny nose.
JA: Thanks for that. Have you used anything besides the antibiotics for this?
Customer: I used paracetamol for sinuses
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (TLZSGP5)

Thank you for your question.
I would suggest the following.

  1. Use Flonase or 1 of the steroid nasal sprays, available over-the-counter. You can use that 1 puff into each nostril daily.
  2. You can buy a Nettie pot nasal saline wash system and wash your sinuses on daily basis.
  3. Over-the-counter allergy medication for example Allegra, Zyrtec 1 tablet in the evening can help as well.
  4. Try that for about 4 to 6 weeks and see how symptoms go.
  5. If the symptoms are persistent and swellings continue to recur you will need to be seen, examined by ear nose throat/primary care doctor for detail evaluation of turbinates, interior of the nose.

I hope it helps, if you have further questions, please let me know, if you are satisfied with answer, please click 5 start rating at the top of the question, thank you

Doctor of Medicine and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you