Doctor of Medicine
Doctor of Medicine, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  MD, DABIM,DABCCM, FCCP
23050427

I am having the side nose bones swollen. This keeps

Good afternoon,
JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: I am having the side nose bones swollen. This keeps happening since 3 weeks. I took allergy tablets, I also took antibiotics as I used to have sinusitis in the past but still no improvement. Moreover today it got swollen even more. I am not sure what to do at the moment
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, when were you prescribed the antibiotics? How severe were any side effects?
Customer: I had them from a past visit to doctor when i was prescribed antibiotics for sinusitis. I do not have a blocked nose or runny nose.
JA: Thanks for that. Have you used anything besides the antibiotics for this?
Customer: I used paracetamol for sinuses
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (TLZSGP5)

Greetings.
I would suggest the following.

1. Use Flonase or 1 of the steroid nasal sprays, available over-the-counter. You can use that 1 puff into each nostril daily.
  2. You can buy a Nettie pot nasal saline wash system and wash your sinuses on daily basis.
  3. Over-the-counter allergy medication for example Allegra, Zyrtec 1 tablet in the evening can help as well.
  4. Try that for about 4 to 6 weeks and see how symptoms go.
  5. If the symptoms are persistent and swellings continue to recur you will need to be seen, examined by ear nose throat/primary care doctor for detail evaluation of turbinates, interior of the nose.

I hope it helps, if you have further questions, please let me know, if you are satisfied with answer, please click 5 start rating at the top of the question, thank you