Doctor of Medicine
Doctor of Medicine, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  MD, DABIM,DABCCM, FCCP
23050427

I was diagnosed with tinnitus in both ears I had an mri it

Hi I was diagnosed with tinnitus in both ears I had an mri it came back all clear but now I also have a whooshing sometimes in the day and at night and also have songs in my head all day everyday
JA: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Nope

Greetings.
I will be happy to answer.
Please note that some of the potential causes of tendinitis include tumors, again that is probably the most serious cause and I am glad that you already had an MRI and that is normal.
Other possible causes which include but not limited to are mentioned below.

1. Ear infections, usually there are other associated symptoms including fever, pain, swelling and treatment is antibiotics.
  2. Earwax buildup actually is 1 of the most common cause, trying Debrox eardrops or getting an examination by your primary doctor, if wax is found, cleaning is advised.
  3. Ménière's disease/benign positional paroxysmal vertigo actually is another common cause of tendinitis in which there is otolith, small substance stuck in the canals of the ear. Treatment for that is an exercise type of maneuver performed by primary doctors/ear nose throat doctors.
  4. Some of the causes include but not limited to exposure to loud noise, stress, anxiety, and perforated/damage to the eardrum caused by aggressive cleaning or loud noise.
  5. In summary I would suggest to make sure there is no earwax, try Debrox eardrops, use nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs to help with the pain if any.
  6. If the symptoms continue to persist, a detailed examination by an ear nose throat doctor to evaluate for 1 of the conditions mentioned above will be helpful.

I hope it helps, if you have further questions, please let me know, if you are satisfied with answer, please click 5 start rating at the top of the question, thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been to the ENT my ears are clean and my mri was all clear I just want to know why I have these other symptoms now with my tinnitus like a ear worm I wake up to a song playing in my head I feel spaced out I have tinnitus and I get headaches

I am glad that you were seen by ENT and you had all the work-up including MRI which was normal.
If you still continue to have the symptoms, possibilities including stress, anxiety are in differential but you you cannot say that unless you have excluded other causes. I would suggest to discuss with your primary doctor and get a referral to pulmonology and as well as gastroenterology. They will examine you, may perform endoscopy of upper airways, windpipe to make sure vocal cords and upper airways are fine. If that is normal and endoscopy of food pipe, esophagus can also be helpful.

I hope that helps, if you have further questions, please let me know, if you are satisfied with answer, please do not forget to click 5 start rating at the top of the question, thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a cure for tinnitus ?

Sometimes some of the causes of tinnitus including benign positional paroxysmal vertigo may not have any abnormality on imaging. Trying a medication called meclizine can help in certain cases.
Again for exact details and underlying cause should be sought for with above-mentioned approach.

I hope it helps, if you have further questions, please let me know, if you are satisfied with answer, please do not forget to click 5 start rating at the top of the question.