Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

I’m a doctor myself and my working pattern has changed

Customer Question

I’m a doctor myself and my working pattern has changed massively with the Covid crisis . I’m work hours all over the place and I have a young child and a wife. I’m permanently exhausted and all annual leave etc has been San memes die the next few weeks. I’m looking for a prescription of modafinal to get me through the next few weeks . Is this something I can buy privately with a prescription
JA: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?
Customer: I keep a diary
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have previously had alcoholism but am now 100% sober for almost 6 months and was ask started in seetraline which I’m now tapering off
Expert:  Elliot Ruff replied 16 days ago.

Good morning, I am Dr Elliot. I am very sorry for how you are feeling. I can imagine it is very difficult at the moment. Unfortunately a drug like Modafinal needs to come from your own GP. I would also be very cautious as this drug can also be habit forming and therefore I think you need to be sensible here and address the underlying cause rather than just the symptoms. Are you registered with a GP?