Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

I was very poorly back in Fe bruary for 3-4 weeks. Had flue

I was very poorly back in Fe bruary for 3-4 weeks. Had flue vac. So it wasnt that....sore throat temperature fir a few days, persistant cough...awake night after night.. than a wheezy..Conjuntivitus in bith eyes. So managed to get to Doctor then, She gave me antibiotic cream .. I think I may have had the Corona virus....Is it possible for me to have a blood test when available to see if I have antibodies....
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, when were you prescribed the antibiotic? How severe were any side effects?
Customer: It was for my eyes...conjunctivitis started about 2 weeks after other symptoms. AndJust cough medicine.
JA: Thanks for that. Have you used anything besides the antibiotic for this?
Customer: No.
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hi! I am Dr Saleem. Welcome to JA. I will be answering your query shortly.

Antibody tests are being developed and some are already available infact for testing. Their efficacy is still very much unknown. Once a reliable test is available, you may get tested. If it shows presence of IgG antibodies then that means you had infection sometime in the past..... May be February or some other time.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Reason I ask is that symptoms where exactly as described on tv......and a doctor mentioned Conjuntivitus the other day also....So would like to know if I had it ..if possible please.... I am 77 and a widow it was a bit frightening..Am in good health, but this did take it out of me a bit.... Thankyou...

Yes you may get it done once available . Contact your GP or local testing services .

Please remember to reward credit for the consult if you are satisfied . You may do it by clicking 5 stars in the rating corner of your page . Best regards, ***** *****

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I HAVE BEEN CHARGED 39 POUNDS. SHOULD BE 5.OO ONLY. i did not speak to Doctor Saleem... Please refund 34.00....Thanks... Mrs Stevenson..l
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Sorry checked bank again and previous message should read.... 5 pounds taken 21st May....then 38.00 pounds just taken...Please refund 38.00....thanks....