wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

Second opinion] I was cleaning my teeth this morning with my

Customer Question

second opinion] I was cleaning my teeth this morning with my electric toothbrush behind my back bottom molar and I think I have scratched my retromolar trigone. It’s making me want to gag and I don’t know why. It feels like really swollen and irritated.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I can also taste blood now and again
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I don’t know whether I have a tooth brush bristle stuck or if it’s a scratch
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 17 days ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 17 days ago.

can you upload a picture? Using a mirror can make taking a good photo easier.

We can also chat on the phone if you want.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Following on from what I felt like had grazed my mouth the other day I have woken up with this
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 14 days ago.

The best thing to do would be to see a dentist in person.

You should be able to contact an oncall dentist and be seen today.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/nb-dentists-covid-19-dental-emergency-1.5506639

I hope you feel better soon.

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS