Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

About four weeks ago I fell over and banged my right elbow

About four weeks ago I fell over and banged my right elbow hard on the ground. The skin was broken and it bled. I am locked down. I cleaned it up, covered it and kept it dry, inspecting it from time to time. After a few days the wound healed up and everything was back to normal. There was no pain except when I stupidly leant on the point of the elbow. Last weekend I leant on the elbow and no pain, in fact it felt like leaning on a cushion. There is now a lump of soft tissue or liquid under the skin which seems to move a bit depending on whether the arm is straight or bent. The lump does not seem to have got any larger in the last few days, it is not painful and does not effect my golf swing. Any advice please.
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, how long have you had the lump? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: I only noticed it 5 days ago. I have not used medication.
JA: Thanks for that. Have you seen a doctor about the lump?
Customer: No because I thought he might be a bit busy with important things. But I can ring if necessary.
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: Don't think so.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
OL

It sounds an exudative fluid secondary to the injury and inflammation of the bursa. Mostly it settles on its own but if it does not in a week or two then see a doctor as you might need imaging to rule out any cyst or abscess. Meanwhile applying warm compresses and ibuprofen can help.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope I have earned a 5-star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by clicking on the “Finish with Rating” button or selecting the 5 stars at the top of this page before you leave the website/app.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I do not need a call anymore thank you

My pleasure.

Please do not forget to click on 5 stars and cancel the call request.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No need to talk now