Loss of taste many times resolves on its own.
There is some benefit shown by the recent double-blind control trial about zinc for the treatment of loss of taste. So you may consider taking zinc supplement. The multivitamin supplement also are helpful. Following are the various measures for loss of taste sensation (termed as Ageusia);
1) Regular use of a tongue cleaner device, available at drugstores.
2) Taste changes caused by vitamin deficiencies resolve after correction; multivitamin supplements.
3) Taste changes resulting from salivary decreased function should resolve if the salivary flow is increased. Medications are the commonest cause of decreased saliva, so if you are taking any medication, you may discuss this with your doctor.
4) Similarly, medication-induced taste disturbances can be managed with replacement or dose reduction of the offending agent, in consultation with the prescribing provider.
5) A taste dysfunction related to neurological causes is difficult to diagnose and treat. Zinc sulfate is often tried.
6) Measures such as chewing sugar-free flavored gum may be of benefit.
Was this information helpful to you?
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.