Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I am a very fit and active lady of 71, however, have always

Customer Question

Hi, I am a very fit and active lady of 71, however, have always suffered with constipation, been prescribed various meds, to no permanent avail. For the past 3 weeks I have had low tummy pain, also around my waist ,and low back. I feel pressure constantly in low tummy, and have to force having a p even though I want to go. I contacted my gp, had a telephone consultation, she thought this to be a kidney infection, however, after 7 days of meds I'm no better. I am constantly tired, low energy which is not usual for me. I am worried that I could have bladder cancer. Please advise, thank you, ***** *****
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, when were you prescribed this medication? How severe were any side effects?
Customer: No
JA: Thanks for that. Have you used anything else for this?
Customer: Lactulose, senacott max strength, Fibrogel,
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: No, don't think so, Evidently my maternal grandma suffered constipation most of her life. I have had a hysterectomy 25 years ago, despite our age, my husband has a high sex drive, I do not, I have sex with him for his benefit, it is very sore and stings, sometimes very pale pinkish blood
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 17 days ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I look forward to answering your question. I think that bladder cancer is unlikely but certainly possible. I think you need a urine culture done. The most likely diagnosis is urinary tract infection due to lack of estrogen and the fact that you are having discomfort with sex. The bladder infection may be resistant to the antibiotic you took. So an actual specimen is required, or a change to a different antibiotic. Please reply with questions and consider a positive rating. We are not compensated without a rating. thank you for using JA.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I will get a urine sample to my surgery, if I can access the building! Please do not continue to bill me monthly, this is a one off consultation, thank you, ***** *****
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 17 days ago.
I cannot help with billing, we are users of the site like you are. Please contact customer service. Please reply with questions and consider a positive rating. We are not compensated without a rating. thank you for using JA.